Pr. Thierry CLOITRE
Université de Montpellier
Laboratoire Charles Coulomb
Place Eugène Bataillon – CC074
F-34095 Montpellier Cedex 5 – France
Madame FABRY Claudie
FACULTÉ DES SCIENCES
CC 92000 Place Eugène Bataillon
34095 Montpellier Cedex 5
Tél : 33(0)4 67 14 96 21
TRAINING PROVIDING PLURIDISCIPLINARY KNOWLEDGE IN THE FIELD OF PHYSICS APPLIED TO HEALTH.
Presentation and objectives
PhyMed responds to the scientific need to provide, in the same curriculum, advanced training in applied physics and basic training in biology and health to bridge the gap between physicists on the one hand and scientists working in the field of science of life on the other hand. The objective is to train Biophysicists able to understand medical issues by proposing solutions based on the design and application of new techniques from modern physics:
- To assist physics applications in the medical field through a multi-disciplinary, knowledge-based training of a good level of knowledge on the physical underpinnings of medical, radiophysical and physics imagery applied to the fields of health,
- To open to doctors and students in the health fields access to Biomedical physics courses,
- To offer the possibility of career in the fields of multidisciplinary teaching and public or industrial research in medical imaging,
- Provide career opportunities in hospitals, the private biotechnology sector, biomedical instrumentation or the pharmaceutical industry.
Terms of access
- In M1: L3 or equivalent in physics, biology, health and other related scientific fields,
- In M2: M1 validated in the field, on file,
- The cycle is accessible for all audiences, continuing education with the possibility of Validation of Acquired and Experience (VAE),
- The training is open to interns and doctors in medicine, pharmacy or odontology.
Possibilities of pursuing studies in doctoral thesis. The Montpellier laboratories associated with the training are, among others:
- Institut d’Électronique du Sud (IES),
- Laboratoire Charles Coulomb (L2C),
- Laboratoire d’Informatique, de Robotique et de Microélectronique de Montpellier (LIRMM).
- Laboratoire Movement to Health (M2H).
- Biophysicist in the sector of activity of the industrial, hospital and university sectors,
- Medical imaging professions,
- Development, use and maintenance of physical instruments in the medical and hospital sector,
- R & D engineering in the industrial fields related to physics and health,
- Possibility of presenting the DQPRM (medical physicist working in hospital) competition,
- Continuation of a university thesis in order to gain access to jobs in higher education and public research,
- Assistance in the orientation of medical careers towards the Biophysics and Imaging sectors within the radiology, nuclear medicine and other hospital departments.